How to Fix a Single Membrane Roof According to a Local Roofing Contractor
Concrete roofs are usually flat and covered with different materials. One way to seal a concrete roof is with membrane roofing. Single ply membrane roofs are common among commercial properties. There are several reasons for that. For starters, such roofing materials are easy to install and have several advantages. They are water-resistant and insulate well. If you have to repair such a roof, then as a roofing contractor, this is what I can advise you:
- First, you need to identify the broken areas, so get on top, and inspect the damage. You should perform regular inspections, otherwise, your roof could leak inside your home. To avoid complications, we recommend you fix anything that looks suspicious as soon as you notice it.
- Once the problem is found, you can either call an experienced roofing contractor or try to handle it on your own. In any case, the damaged area needs to be cut out and replaced with a fresh layer of membrane. Most roofs; however, have a layer of insulation on one or both sides of the ceiling. Your roof may have a layer of insulation under the membrane. If so, then you may have to cut it out as well.
- After that, you are going to have to clean up a little. You need to get the place clean for the new insulation and the new membrane. It has to be clean around the cut so that the membranes can stick together easier.
- Cut a patch of insulation and membrane, and put them over the damaged area. The insulation needs to fit in just enough for you to fill the wholes around it with glue. Cover the damaged area with glue, and place the new membrane over it. You can also use a roller to help the membrane stick better.
- Don’t forget to caulk the edges when you’re done! Otherwise, the repair may not last for too long.
If you don’t think you will be able to handle it without assistance, then don’t hesitate to give Dura Group Roofing Company a call for assistance. We offer quality roofing services at affordable rates to the community in Louisville, KY, so reach us for an appointment at (502) 324-4141!